Teacher's Aide with ParaPro Prep
Online Teacher’s Aide Training
Become a Certified Paraprofessional
Today’s teachers need skilled paraprofessionals more than ever. This 100% course will train you to work with K-12 students in as little as six months. By course completion, you will also be fully prepared to pass the ETS ParaPro Praxis Assessment exam and become a certified paraprofessional.
Job Outlook for Teacher’s Aides
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that demand for teaching assistant roles (teacher’s aides, teacher’s assistant and paraprofessionals) is projected to increase by 4% over the next decade.
- The average salary for teaching assistants is approximately $28,000 per year, according to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data.
Teacher’s Aide FAQs
WHAT IS A TEACHER’S AIDE?
Teacher’s aides play key support role in student learning and development. Typical duties for a teacher’s aide include preparing lessons or activities for a teacher, setting up materials or monitoring student progress and activities.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TEACHER’S AIDE, A TEACHING ASSISTANT AND A PARAPROFESSIONAL?
Functionally, there are no key differences between teacher’s aides, assistants and paraprofessionals. While the specific job titles may differ between school districts, these roles all provide administrative and classroom support for lead teachers and share the same qualifications.
HOW IMPORTANT IS A PARAPROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION?
As with any industry-recognized credential, paraprofessional certification signifies a deep understanding of student needs and how to best help them while learning. In fact, teaching assistants are required to get paraprofessional certification in many states.
Kt (Katie) Paxton
Kt Paxton is a certified teacher with a master’s degree in Education focusing on Learning and Technology. She has more than 20 years of classroom experience and has been an online instructor since 2003. She also owned and managed a home daycare for five years and is the author of More Adventures With Kids in San Diego. Furthermore, Kt has trained and placed tutors with at-risk students in over 100 schools in addition to working with the students herself.
- Take and pass the ETS ParaPro Praxis Assessment exam
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of paraprofessional educators
- Identify benchmarks of development for children and adolescents
- Gain classroom management strategies, instructional control, and positive behavior supports
- Identify characteristics and intervention strategies for students with various disabilities
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is open enrollment. You can enroll and begin any time.
TEACHER'S AIDE FOUNDATIONS
CHILD AND ADOLESCENT DEVELOPMENT
COMMUNICATION AND CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT
SUPPORTING STUDENTS IN THE GENERAL EDUCATION SETTING
STUDENTS WITH EXCEPTIONALITIES
SUPPORTING THE READING PROCESS
SUPPORTING THE WRITING PROCESS
PREPARING FOR THE ETS PARAPRO ASSESSMENT
CAREER ROADMAP: THE JOB SEARCH AND FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES (OPTIONAL LESSON)
PORTFOLIO FINAL PROJECT: INSTRUCTIONS AND SUBMISSION