CompTIA IT Fundamentals (Voucher Included)
COMPTIA TRAINING: IT FUNDAMENTALS
Earn Your CompTIA ITF+ Certification
CompTIA's IT Fundamentals (ITF+) certification provides an introduction to IT concepts and skills. As a "pre-career” certification, it’s perfect for gaining basic IT support knowledge. This 100% online course will help you will master core concepts that directly apply to the ITF+ certification exam.
Job Outlook for IT Support Professionals
- Professionals with computer support skills are in high demand. Data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) indicates that computer support specialist jobs will enjoy 10% growth between now and 2028. This is a rate of approximately double that expected for overall job growth.
- In addition to this strong job growth, the BLS notes that growth in IT areas such as networking, security and device management means that the field also holds strong advancement opportunities.
- Salaries among IT support specialists generally reflect this high demand. The BLS notes that salaries for computer support specialists average $63,460 per year. The Bureau notes that lower salaries, such as those offered to inexperienced professionals, average $38,990, or around $19-20 per hour.
CompTIA ITF+ Certification FAQS
IS THE COMPTIA ITF+ CERTIFICATION IMPORTANT FOR ENTRY LEVEL JOBS?
Yes. According to the CompTIA, the ITF+ certification is one of the best ways to build a knowledge base in computer support concepts.
WHAT DOES ITF+ PREPARE FOR?
ITF+ is an ideal introduction to the IT concepts needed for early career success. A+ preparation courses can be expected to address:
Hardware, including networking and troubleshooting
- Mobile devices
- Operating systems
- Software troubleshooting
- Networking, including virtualization, cloud computing and security
WHO TYPICALLY EARNS THE COMPTIA ITF+ CERTIFICATION?
Typically, IT professionals that earn the ITF+ certification go on to work in any of the following roles:
- Service and user help desk support
- Technical support specialist
- Associate network engineer
- Data support technician
- Desktop support administrator
- Help desk technician
- System support specialist
DOES ITF+ CERTIFICATION PREPARE A+ CERTIFICATION?
Although the ITF+ certification is not listed as a formal prerequisite for the A+ exam, CompTIA highly recommends ITF+ for those embarking on their first formal training for a career in IT. It is designed to provide a framework in IT skills that can lead to a wide variety of specialized areas or can lead a prospective employee to another area outside the formal IT domain.
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
- Prepare to take and pass CompTIA ITF+ exam
- Identify and understand the purpose of computer components
- Compare and contrast different connector types
- Compare and contrast Operating Systems and their functions and features
- Define and identify basic security threats
- Understand how to implement the best IT and security practices
- Perform proper steps to set up a basic workstation
- Describe the importance and impact of various environmental and safety concept
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online.
- IT FOUNDATIONS
- IT FRAMEWORK
- IT PROGRAMS
- IT PROGRAMMING
- IT DATABASES
- IT SECURITY